• A superb newly-renovated apartment
This very spacious studio, situated on the 1st floor of a beautiful building dating from the beginning of the XIX century is in the heart of the historic Chartrons neighbourhood, one of the oldest neighbourhoods in Bordeaux.
Modern and very well laid out, the apartment is composed of a large main room with a living area and a sleeping area with a king-sized bed. The very elegant bathroom has a large American shower and an attractive design basin. The seperate kitchen is entirely equipped with everything needed for cooking meals, and has an island in the middle which offers a convival area for eating meals.
The gorgeous wooden floors offer a contrast to the modern decor of this beautiful studio, and the view over the Neo-gothic church of Saint-Louis des Chartrons and onto the ancient covered market make it a very memorable place to stay.
The apartment is equipped with a flat screen TV with cable, a DVD player and an iPhone dock. An iPad is also at our guests' disposal with high-speed internet access. WIFI internet access is also available throughout the apartment. The telephone in the apartment allows you to call both national and international phone numbers.
The kitchen is equipped with a fridge/freezer, a dishwasher, oven, hob with an extractor, a microwave, coffee machine, kettle, toaster, and all of the other equipment needed for preparing meals in the apartment.
• An exceptional location in a historic neighbourhood of Bordeaux
The well-loved neighbourhood of Chartrons is one of the oldest neighbourhoods in Bordeaux. The 'Place du Marché' and its magnificent hall of stone, glass and metal are at its epicentre, dating from the XIX century.
The apartment is located in a beautiful stone building made up of three floors, on the corner of the Place du Marché and at the foot of the 'Saint-Louis des Chartrons' Church.
The Chartrons neighbourhood is one of the most sought-after in Bordeaux. Since the 1950s it has had a strong arty atmosphere and antique dealers have always frequented the neighbourhood to sell to the art-lovers in Bordeaux.
A true 'village in the city', the neighbourhood of Chartrons offers a very pleasant lifestyle and all of the conveniences and commidities that you will require during your stay (grocery stores, wine shops, cheese shops, boutiques and restaurants).
The Jardin Public and the banks of the Garonne are at a few minutes walk from the apartment. Like most of the centre, the neighbourhood of Chartrons is predominantly pedestrianised. It is very easy to arrive by foot or even to rent a bike just near to the apartment. The Place Gambetta and the heart of the city are five minutes away by tram or bus from la Place Paul Doumer or the quai des Chartrons.
• Highly Personalized and Friendly Service
One of us will always be there to personally meet you and settle you into the house, answer questions, make reservations for taxis and restaurants, and help out in any way we can! You will be greeted by us with fresh flowers, French wine and croissants. We will happily share our local Bordeaux knowledge, insight and experience with you, and we will be there to help you check out when you leave.
We are a Paris based company but Pierre your contact for the house is a native from Bordeaux and lives there. Alex is French having lived in both France and the United States. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for anything you need! You will be given the phone numbers of Pierre and Alex and encouraged to call us! We will happily help you explore your neighborhoods and visit all of the wonderful spots that may be overlooked by an uninformed visitor.
We offer all our guests a highly personalized service, will always respond quickly to your emails and have an easy-to-use booking process perfected since 1995 with our Paris site. It is always a good idea to contact us personally as sometimes we have less than one week available and can then offer you a price lower than the weekly rate.
On reserving our house we will send you lots of detailed information about Bordeaux, your local neighborhood and advice on transportation to the house from the airport or train station, so you can feel totally at ease. Upon arrival, guests will be given a complete tour of the house and our detailed Survival Guide to Bordeaux which includes:
- Completely detailed neighborhood maps
- How to use public transportation
- How to connect to the Internet in the house
- Our personal Bordeaux restaurant recommendations
- Recommendations on useful and specialty shops in the neighborhood
- Information on the local fresh food and produce markets
- Directions in English on how to use all the machines and appliances in your house
- And much more…
We not only know all of our house inside out, but can deal with any enquiry or potential problem quickly and efficiently. With our loyal full time staff, including cleaners and our builder/handyman, our management is second to none.
• Added Amenities With No Extra Charges
There are no extra charges or taxes! The price you pay for your rental house is all inclusive of:
- Computer with unlimited high-speed Internet connection, and WIFI should you wish to bring your own laptop
- French wine, bottled water, croissants and fresh flowers when you arrive
- Telephone, with unlimited calls to French cell phones and land lines
- Cable television (including CNN and BBC World) and DVD player
- All your heat, electricity, quality sheets, towels and bathrobes, liquid soap, coffee, tea, sugar, laundry detergent and more
- Fully equipped kitchens and top-end appliances
• Additional Services
For families with children or an infant, we can provide cribs or high chairs, as well as arrange a babysitter service and give advice of fun things to do in Bordeaux as a family. We offer additional services on request: For families with children or an infant, we can provide cribs or high chairs, as well as a babysitter service and advice of fun things to do in Bordeaux as a family.
- Private car service for airport / train station pick up and more (please contact us for rates)
- Baby-sitting (17 Euros an hour) and taxi fare after 10 pm
- Maid service (17 Euros an hour)
- Car or van rental with a chauffeur for the day
- Organisation of excursions to vineyards
- Organisation of visits to the Atlantic Coast, Arcachon, Cap-Ferret, Biarritz, La Rochelle...
- Cooking classes in the apartments
- Organisation of a private chef in the apartment
- Private wine and cheese tasting in the apartment
- Sport coaches, yoga classes, massages
- And much more...
• Weekly Rental Rates in Euros
Low season :
January 08 to March 31 and November 01 to December 17
High season :
March 01 to October 31
Christmas / New year :
December 18 to January 07
PRICE ON REQUEST FOR VINEXPO
Note: Rate based on 2 person occupancy.
• Special Note
Email is our preferred mode of communication. If you send us an email and do not receive a response within 48 hours, we may not have received your request. If this happens, please call one of us and leave us a detailed message, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.